Google Q&A in Portal allows your practice to use the Practice Growth portal to directly answer questions left by patients on your Google Business Profiles (formerly known as GMB). This feature allows practices to stay engaged with their patients, interact with Google, and helps drive SEO. Best of all, patients and the Google community get questions about the practice answered in a timely manner.
Why it’s important
- With Google Q&A available directly in your Practice Growth portal, your practice can ensure that any questions posted on your Google My Business listing can be easily answered.
- Visibility & Clarity: Simplify the decision process for prospective patients by ensuring that your Google My Business listing provides clarifying information about your practice while enhancing the value of your listings to improve online rankings.
- Avoid Answering Common Questions: Modernize the patient experience and free up valuable time at your practice spent responding to repeated general questions one-on-one by providing valuable insight into your practice publically on your GMB listing.
- SEO: Google likes interaction and timely responses and will rank a business profile higher when questions are answered
How it works
- Step One
- Sign in to your Practice Growth Portal
- Navigate to the Reputation tab
- Select Google Q&A
- Select the location or provider name that you have a Google listing for
- Step Two
- A list of all questions asked on the listing will be displayed
- The default view is on the Unanswered Question
- To see previously answered questions, click on Previously Replied at the top
- Click on a tile in order to respond to the question
- Step Three
- The question appears on the right side of the page
- The portal user can respond to the question using the text box at the lower right side of the page
- Click Send and the answer will be sent to the Google Business Profile
A customer MUST have a GMB integration with Practice Growth in order for this functionality to work. Please contact Support if you have any questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I enable this feature?
We will automatically enable this functionality for all customers who have Google Business Profiles managed by Practice Growth.
Can this be disabled?
Yes, but the practice will need to call support.
How long does it take for an answer submitted in the portal to be posted on the GMB listing?
Most responses will be posted instantly but it can take up to a few minutes.
How will the practice be notified that a question has been posted on one of their GMB listings?
The Reputation in your portal tab will have a circle with the number of notifications that are waiting to be responded to.
Can I edit a response I made to a question?
Yes, responses can be edited under the Previously Replied tab.
Does Google send a notification to the individual asking the question once the response has been posted?
Can someone ask a follow up question to a response posted on the Google listing?
Google allows for any user of the Google community to answer a question on any Business Profile, but only one response will be displayed “By Owner”
Can you respond to questions posted on provider listings Google?
Yes, if there is a Google place ID and a Google Profile then that entity (Practice, Provider, Provider-Location) can be responded to.