- Last updated
Save as PDF
Appointment Options enables you to configure global default appointment settings for a practice. You can set up office hours, configure appointment time increments, and enable automatic appointment reminders, color coding and timeblock rules. These settings affect all locations and resources within the practice.
- Click Settings > Options > Appointment Options. The Edit Appointment Options window opens.
- Select the appropriate settings:
- Click the drop-down arrow to select the Start time and End time of the Calendar Office Hours.
Note: Timeblocks set up in the Timeblock Calendar will override these times.
- Click the drop-down arrow to select the shortest appointment increment the practice will schedule on the calendar.
- The following display options are selected by default. Click to clear the selection as needed.
- "Show appointments color coded by primary reason"
- "Show calendar color coded by timeblock"
- "Show legend for timeblocks"
- Click to select "Enforce timeblock scheduling rules" to prevent a new appointment from being saved if it conflicts with a timeblock rule.
- Click to select the following Basic Appointment Reminders options:
- "Enable basic appointment reminders" to allow phone call reminders for patients opted in on their patient record.
Note: It is not recommended to enable this feature if Patient Communications Phone Messages have also been enabled for the practice, otherwise, patients will receive two different phone call reminders.
- "Enable email reminders" to allow email appointment reminders for patients opted in on their patient record.
- Enter additional CC Email Recipients that should receive a copy of the appointment reminder emails.
- Click Save.