Vaccine Settings - Consent and Refusal of Immunizations
Updated: 06/23/2023 | Views: 1364
- Last updated
Save as PDF
Vaccine Settings logs a patient's refusal of all vaccines, and if desired, to set some general preferences for a patient to receive reminders from the Immunization Registry.
Access Vaccine Settings
- Enter the first 2–3 letters of the patient's name in the top search box.
- Click to select the patient from the auto-populated results. The patient's chart opens.
- Click Immunizations in the left menu. The Immunizations page opens.
- Click Vaccines Settings. The Vaccination Settings page opens.
Document Refusal of Immunizations
- Click to select "Refuses All Immunizations". Additional details expands.
- By default, the current date and time displays as the Recorded date. If necessary, select a new recorded date or time.
- Click to select the "Reason for Refusal".
- If "Other" is selected, enter the refusal reason.
- Enter any applicable Comments.
- Click Save when finished. The user's name and last updated date and time displays next to the Vaccine Settings link on the patient's immunization page.
Immunization Registry Settings
The Immunization Registry Settings are reported when the practice is registered with their state’s Immunization Registry and enrolled for IronBridge. Review the Immunization Registry FAQs for additional information.
For practices who are not registered with their state, document the patient's preference for record keeping or to be reported after registration with the state and enrollment for IronBridge is completed.
- Click the Immunization Reminders drop-down and select the type of reminder the patient would like to receive from the Immunization Registry. Available options:
Note: Reminders and recalls are sent by the Immunization Registry and not by Tebra.
- No reminder/recall
- Reminder/recall - any method
- Reminder/recall - no calls
- Reminder only - any method
- Reminder only - no calls
- Recall only - any method
- Recall only - no calls
- Reminder/recall - to provider
- Reminder to provider
- Only reminder to provider, no recall
- Recall to provider
- Only recall to provider, no reminder
- Click to select the patient's Consent to Share Immunizations with Registries.
- Select the Effective date the reminders are to start.
- Click Save when finished.