Create or Use Text Shortcut Within Treatment Plan
Updated: 06/09/2023 | Views: 3119
- Last updated
Save as PDF
Treatment Plans allow providers or clinical assistants to build comprehensive treatment plans for their patients. If there are phrases or paragraphs that is frequently use when creating a treatment plan, the Text Shortcut feature enables users to turn any block of text into a shortcut for future use. Text shortcuts are specific to each user who creates them and they can be applied to specific fields of a treatment plan or a clinical note. Text shortcuts can be created in the Text Shortcuts page under My Settings, in a treatment plan, or from within a note.
Create or use text shortcuts in the following fields: Presenting Problem/Behavioral Definition, Additional Information, Goal, Objective, or Intervention.
- Enter the first 2–3 letters of the patient's name or date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy) in the top navigation bar search box.
- Click to select the patient from the auto-populated results. The patient's Facesheet page opens.
- Click Notes. The Notes page opens.
- Click + Create Treatment Plan. The Treatment Plan page opens.
- To open an existing treatment plan, click Open. The Treatment Plan page opens.
- Enter relevant information in the Presenting Problem/Behavioral Definition, Additional Information, Goals, Objective, or Interventions field. The Shortcuts menu displays.
- Click the Shortcuts drop-down arrow and select Create Shortcut. The Create Shortcut pop-up window opens.
Note: The create shortcut option is only available after information is entered into the field.
- Enter the Shortcut Name.
- The entered information populates in the shortcut Text.
Note: Any edits made in the text field will only apply to future use of the shortcut.
- Click Save when finished. The text shortcut is added to the Text Shortcuts list and is now available for use.
- Click in the Presenting Problem/Behavioral Definition, Additional Information, Goals, Objective, or Interventions field. The Shortcuts menu displays.
- Click the Shortcuts drop-down arrow and select Browse Shortcuts. The search window opens.
Tip: For faster navigation, press [ on the keyboard in the field to open the search window.
- Search for and select the text shortcut. The shortcut populates in the field.
- Continue to create or edit the treatment plan.