Document Hospice History
Updated: 06/09/2023 | Views: 436
- Last updated
Save as PDF
For clinical quality measure reporting, providers and clinical assistants can document the patient's hospice history.
Hospice is an exclusion in 15 of the clinical Quality Measures.
- Enter the first 2–3 letters of the patient's name or date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy) in the top navigation bar search box.
- Click to select the patient from the auto-populated results. The patient's Facesheet page opens.
- Click History. The History page opens.
- Click Hospice. The Hospitalizations / Procedure page opens.
- Click +History Item to add a hospice event.
- Add Details:
- Select the Admission Date.
- It may be the same date as the admission date if the patient is being placed in hospice following an outpatient visit.
- Admission date may be the discharged date if the patient is being place in hospice following an inpatient visit.
- Select the Prior Event from the drop-down list. Available options: Hospital Admission or Outpatient Visit.
- Select where the patient was Discharge to from the drop-down list. Available options: Discharge to Healthcare Facility or Discharge to Home.
- Add Comments, if necessary.
- Click Save when finished.