New Group Telehealth Appointment
Updated: 09/23/2023 | Views: 2737
- Last updated
Save as PDF
Telehealth is the next generation HIPAA compliant video visit solution from Tebra. It provides an integrated experience with the web platform. Telehealth appointments can be conducted on a computer or mobile device with up to 200 participants. This allows providers the flexibility to host multiple patients or providers in one visit room.
Once an appointment is scheduled, the patients receive an appointment reminder with a link to join the telehealth visit room. In order for the patients to receive a reminder, verify the following:
- The provider's Patient Communication settings are activated
- The practice's Service Locations allow appointment reminders
- The patient's communication preferences are set on the Profile tab of the Demographics page
- Appointment reminders are sent to the email and mobile phone entered on the Profile tab of the patient's Demographics page
- Chrome is the preferred browser for optimal use for Telehealth.
- The appointment workflow is not supported through Tebra's mobile app. To schedule an appointment or join a video appointment on a mobile device, log into app.kareo.com through a mobile browser.
- Group Appointments must be enabled in Calendar Settings to schedule group appointments.
Available for Telehealth subscribers.
- Select the desired date on the calendar.
- Click New Appointment. The Calendar page opens.
- Select a Provider from the drop-down.
- Double click the desired time slot. The New Appointment page opens.
Schedule Group Appointment
Follow the steps below to schedule a telehealth appointment with up to three patients. To schedule a telehealth appointment with one patient, review New Telehealth Appointment.
- Select "Group".
- Enter a Group Name. This name will appear on the appointment when it's displayed in the Calendar time slot and on the Dashboard at the time of the group appointment.
- Adjust the appointment Duration if necessary.
- Select a pre-set or custom recurring appointment option if necessary.
- Select "Telehealth" as the appointment mode.
- Select the Service Location from the drop-down menu.
- Add an optional note about the appointment. Notes will populate the Appointment Notes section of the group note (Clinical subscribers only).
- Provider: Search for and select a Telehealth subscribed provider (required).
- Staff and Room & Equipment: Search for and select a staff member, room, or equipment if necessary.
- The maximum number of attendees for a group appointment is 200 patients. If necessary, enter a different Max # of Attendees.
- Search for patients:
- Existing Patient: Begin entering the patient's name and click on the patient's name when it appears. Repeat to add additional patients.
- New Patient: If the patient record is not found, select Click to create new patient record to add a patient record.
- Click Save Appointment when finished.
The provider joins the telehealth visit at the time of the scheduled appointment. Review Patient Experience: Telehealth Visit to learn more about the patient's view.